Long, easy: 12M
- Surface: Memorial Park for first 2M & last 2M, streets for middle 8M
- Total Time: 1:25:00 (7:08 AP)
- Pace Progression: 7:45, 7:18, 7:22, 6:46, 6:55, 7:02, 7:01, 7:06, 7:16, 6:55, 6:57, 6:38
- Comments: Ran with 2 men and a lady from BCRR this morning... first time running with a group since college! Loved how quickly it made the run go, but found it a little different stopping for a drink every 3-4M and having the pace jump around so much. Definitely a good thing for me to get used to though!! Very thankful!
Workout: 1M warm-up + 6M progressive (7:00-6:45-6:30) + 1m warm-down
- Surface: Memorial Park loop
- Total Time: w/u & c/d - easy, progression - 40:07 (6:41 AP)
- Pace Progression (2M increments): 6:55, 6:41, 6:27
- Comments: Thankful to have a training partner (Nicole Richardson) for the w/u, c/d, and first 2M of the progression. Definitely a HARD effort today- not at all as simple as it should have been. My arms are strong, but my glutes, hamstrings, and calves are weak. I am really struggling with lung capacity right now as well. My breathing has been very labored.
Medium long, easy:
- Surface: Memorial Park Loop
- Total Time: 80:00 - Avg Pace/ Mileage guess is 8:00/ 10M (no garmin)
- Pace Progression: N/A
- Comments: VERY relaxed run today which was much needed. I accidentally forget the Garmin at home, but I think it was a blessing in disguise. Just enjoyed a lackadaisical run on the trail.
- Surface: Memorial Park loop
- Total Time: 54:50 (7:50 AP)
- Pace Progression: 8:45, 8:14, 7:55, 7:36, 7:35, 7:32, 7:16
- Comments: Starting to wonder if the increased mileage is a bad idea for me? None of my "easy" runs this week have been anywhere close to the paces they used to be. I don't feel sore or beat up, but I just am not running nearly as fast- even with the same effort levels (if not more). Increased the length of my strides today. Rather than .06M, I went .11M - so almost doubling them. Felt good and fast on these.
Workout: 2M warm-up + 6 x 5' @10k pace, 90" recovery + 2M warm-down (took 3' instead of 90" recovery after 4th surge)
- Surface: Memorial Park side trail - gravel is slightly less loose than the loop
- Total Time: 30:00 hard running (5:55AP) - 5.2M hard running total
- Pace Progression for surges: 5:55, 6:02, 5:52, 5:59, 5:49, 5:54
- Comments: Definitely a good, challenging workout for me. I was pleasantly surprised by the paces though, as I had expected the goal of 6:10 too difficult. Looks like I underestimated the training thus far. I would still like to work on my breathing, though. That seems to be my big struggle right now... managing to keep it controlled and calm.
- Surface: Memorial Park loop and some pavement
- Total Time: 56:30 (8:04 AP)
- Pace Progression: N/A - did not have the Garmin set to auto-lap
- Comments: Took things very easy today to get in a good recovery before tomorrow's long run. Scratched the strides to be safe with my foot that has been aching this week.
Week 7 Total Mileage- 54M (1 long, 1 medium long, 2 workouts, 2 easy)
CUMULATIVE SEASON MILEAGE: 276M