Easy, Long: 12M
- Surface: Memorial Park dirt loop and trail
- Total Time: 1:28:40 (7:23 AP)
- Pace Progression: 8:41, 8:04, 7:44, 7:38, 7:27, 7:16, 7:09, 7:03, 7:03, 6:58, 6:53, 6:39
- Comments: Enjoyed this run very much. I am finding that even though I run at roughly the same pace on my long runs as I do on daily runs, the long runs pass much more quickly, feel more comfortable and relaxed. Definitely grateful for my health right now. I am also thinking I should start leaving off the 1st mile of all my runs and determining average pace/ mileage based on the remainder of them... I think it would be a better picture of my week's training!
Supplemental Work: Strength Session in PMEasy:
- Surface: Memorial Park dirt loop
- Total Time: 50:00 (n/a AP)
- Pace Progression: n/a (forgot my garmin!)
- Comments: Great day to forget my garmin... got in a nice, relaxed daily run and some very solid strides. Looking forward to knocking out a good fartlek tomorrow.
Workout: 2M warm up + 15 x 1' @5k pace, 2' recovery (8M total)
- Surface: Memorial Park dirt loop (very loose on the gravel in my flats!!)
- Total Time: 2M easy, 44:05 for the 6M (7:22 AP)
- Pace Progression (surges): 5:42, 6:00, 5:43, 5:43, 5:35, 5:42, 5:30, 5:37, 5:44, 5:30, 5:41, 5:33, 5:31, 5:32, 5:32 (5:38 AP for surges)
- Comments: Terribly slow warm up, and clearly a slow start to the workout, but easily could have run several more surges and done the first half much faster. I was scared to push too hard early on, but ended up with way too much left in the tank. 6M in the 45 minutes though, so not a waste of a day at all. DEFINITELY need to figure out what is wrong with my back.. extremely painful still.
Easy, Medium Long: 9M
- Surface: Memorial Park Dirt Loop
- Total Time: 1:06:30 (7:22)
- Pace Progression: n/a (did not take mile splits today)
- Comments: Enjoyed a very nice run with my husband. Found it almost relaxing and freeing to know I was not recording mile paces. I think I tend to get caught up in the competition of making each lap faster than the previous! On a side not, it looks like 7:22 is my natural "go-to" average pace. Check out the AP for the bulk of my runs this week!! :)
- Surface: Memorial Park dirt trail
- Total Time: 48:00 (8:00 AP)
- Pace Progression: 8:55, 8:10, 7:58, 7:52, 7:46, 7:28
- Comments: Extremely slow run today.... but felt very fast and almost forced. I never got out of breath or weak, etc, but just did not feel like I should be running so hard for such pitiful paces. Strides were a good 30" slower than usual as well (4:45ish as opposed to 4:15ish). Not sure what was happening today.
2.5M warm up + 10k Race + 1M cool down
- Surface: Straight, paved roads in Kingwood, TX
- Total Time: wu & cd- N/A, 38:21 race (6:08 AP)
- Pace Progression: 6:13, 6:12, 6:07, 6:05, 6:06, 6:10, 5:53
- Comments: Not what I was hoping for as far as total time/ pace, but a good solid effort and chance to compete, nonetheless. I felt great up until about 3.5-4M and then started to fatigue and lose my breath. Definitely did not handle the last half well mentally, so that is something to work on.
Week 6 Total Mileage- 51M (1 RACE, 1 long, 1 medium long, 1 workout, 2 easy)
CUMULATIVE SEASON MILEAGE: 222M