Easy, Long Run: 15M
- Surface: Memorial Park dirt loop (9M), streets (6M)
- Total Time: 1:46:46 (7:03 AP)
- Pace Progression: 8:34, 7:52, 7:44, 7:18, 7:00, 6:54, 6:48, 6:50, 6:49, 6:40, 6:27, 6:54, 6:43, 6:44, 6:25
- Comments: Nice run this morning... got in miles 7-11.5 with a group and took a Clif Bar gel at 6M. Other than that, a typical solo run without stops. Ready to see this new volume take effect in a few weeks.
Easy, shakeout: 2M in 15:55 with Jake
Workout: 2M warm up +
- Surface: Memorial Park trail/ paved street for mile reps
- Total Time: N/A
- Pace Progression: 6:08, 6:08, 6:05, 6:04, 6:01, 5:55 (6:03 AP), 2:40
- Comments: Very controlled workout. Could've done several more reps easily... 1' rest was more than enough. Glad to have Jake there to set the pace!
Easy, Medium Long: 12M
- Surface: Memorial Park dirt loop
- Total Time: 1:32:30 (7:42 AP)
- Pace Progression: 8:15, 7:51, 7:45, 7:36, 7:39, 7:34, 7:36, 7:40, 7:51, 7:39, 7:25, 7:36
- Comments: Ran the first 7 miles with Amanda Barth - she's definitely a great person for me to run with as we are about the same fitness level! It was nice to pass the run talking rather than zoning out. :) Stopped at 7.5M to relieve myself in the bushes... It was getting bad... And spent the rest of the run recovering and getting back into rythym! Hah. My foot seems to be healing somewhat, but my hip flexor (which I've found is actually my groin) is still where it was before. Another run down, regardless!
- Surface: Rice dirt loop - similar to Memorial Park Trail but with several curbs/roots to watch for
- Total Time: 56:30 (8:04 AP); 2:20 (4:40 AP)
- Pace Progression: 9:16, 8:07, 7:48, 7:57, 7:49, 7:37, 7:58, 4:40
- Comments: The run was a bit rough today... My joints are feeling stiff and achy and my groin is definitely still an issue. The pace was more even than it appears, just had several turns/ water puddles/ people to dodge so some miles had more of a stop-and-go pace to them. Glad to have Jake to keep me from totally loosing it mentally because I was definitely ready for a break today. Got in the .5M of strides again, I believe it took about 7 strides altogether.
Shakeout: 2M easy + 1.2M with pick ups (AM)
Workout: 2M warm up + 2x3M (6:15, 6:10) + 4x400m fast, 400m slow
- Surface: Paved roads/ sidewalks
- Total Time: 18:38 (6:12 AP), 18:22 (6:07 AP)
- Pace Progression: 6:08, 6:13, 6:12, 6:11, 6:05, 6:04, 77, 80, 81, 79
- Comments: Scratched the workout in the morning due to major lack of sleep this week. Not much more alive this afternoon, but at least I was warmed up and awake enough. Jake paced me perfectly so it wasn't a bad workout at all - the second loop was much more comfortable. Starting to get settled with this pace.
- Surface: Memorial Park Loop
- Total Time: 29:10 (8:20 AP)
- Pace Progression: 8:45, 8:20, 8:10, 7:57
- Comments: Called the run after 3.5M because of pain in my Achilles. It has been hurting since last night's workout, but got increasingly tight over the run. I'll spend today trying to take good care of it. Very disappointed though, as my arms and legs felt surprisingly loose and fresh (could have been because I was running so easy though!).
Total Mileage for the Week: 63.5M
Cumulative Seasonal Mileage: 495.5M