Long: 12M w/ 10x400m pick-ups every mile starting at 2.5
- Surface: Memorial Park Loop
- Total Time: 87:49 (7:19 AP)
- Pace Progression: 9:06, 8:11, 7:33, 7:25, 7:19, 7:10, 7:09, 7:04, 6:54, 6:42, 6:37, 6:38
- Comments: So grateful to get in this run despite the hip flexor and foot pain I have been battling. Decided 2.5M in that I needed something to break up the monotony today, so I threw in a 400m pick-up at the 1/2M every mile. Definitely a good choice as the run passed much more quickly. No Gu this week- just a sip of water at 6M and a rice cake before the run.
Easy, shakeout: 2M @ 7:30 AP
Supplemental Work: 2x60" pedestal routine
Workout: 2M warm up + 6xAlt Miles (6:45/6:15) + 2M cool down w/ 6 pick-ups
- Surface: Memorial Park dirt loop
- Total Time: 16:50, 38:35 (6:25 AP), 14:45 (7:01 AP for the full 10M)
- Pace Progression: 6:35, 6:13, 6:44, 6:13, 6:38, 6:09
- Comments: Very nice workout. I did not expect the 6:45 miles to feel so comfortable... had I known how much recovery they would give me I may have picked up some of the miles in the middle rather than trying to stay close to the goal paces. I was too hesitant to push it because I expected things to get much more challenging by the end. Dropping the pace for the last mile was perfect, though- Jake pulled me through the last 400-800m at a good pace which (in my opinion) made the workout a success. I still don't feel like I've gotten in a good day of work if I'm not feeling some tension and burning by the end.
Easy, Medium Long: 11M
- Surface: Memorial Park loop and trail
- Total Time: 90:00 (8:10 AP)
- Pace Progression: 9:58, 9:00, 8:50, 8:21, 8:28, 8:04, 7:44, 7:38, 7:35, 7:38, 7:35
- Comments: Felt TERRIBLE today. Woke up with a stomachache because of hunger- ate an extra rice cake before the run- had an uneasy stomach the entire run/ felt weak- am now sitting at work, still feeling poor. Not sure what the deal is today. Maybe just need a night of early to bed?! Hopefully! Still pain in the hip flexor and foot...
Strides: 0.5M of strides (7)
- Surface: Memorial Park dirt loop
- Total Time: 53:20 (7:37 AP)
- Pace Progression: 7:57, 7:48, 7:43, 7:31, 7:26, 7:31, 7:26; averaged 4:42 pace for the strides.
- Comments: Nice comfortable run with Nicole Richardson. Great to hear about her training and catch up with her before her big marathon this Sunday. Looking forward to seeing how it goes! Still a lot of pain in my right hip flexor and foot, also noticed pain beneath my left knee today. Blehhh.
Easy Shakeout: 2M at 7:45 on gravel loop near apt
Supplemental Work: 2x12 Push-Ups prior to run, Form Drills prior to strides + Myrtyl routine after strides; light core in PM
Workout: 2M warm up + 15'@HMP, 10'@10k, 5'@5k, 3'@3k + 1.6M cool down
- Surface: Memorial Park dirt loop + pavement for the 3' segment
- Total Time: N/A 10.23M total - (6:46 AP for workout portion - 6.62M)
- Pace Progression: 8:47 w/u, 6:11, 6:03, 5:53, 5:30, 7:40 c/d
- Comments: Paces are close but not exact (I got different results when I put in the times/distance in my logarun.com website than what my Garmin says. Regardless, this was a tough workout for me. Each hard segment felt like it should be my last but Jake kept challenging me to do the next. Glad to have finished it out - and definitely thankful for the switch to the road for that last rep. Still needing to work on my hip flexor and foot...
- Surface: Dirt/ poor footing at Buffalo Bayou XC course
- Total Time: 53' (about 7M)
- Comments: Ran 4M in the heat, solo, and followed it up with the guys while they cooled down. Not a bad run. I waited until the evening to see if my hip and foot would ease up a bit with the extra rest... might've helped some!
Supplemental Work: 4x15 Push-Ups
Week 10 Total Mileage: 62M (1 long, 2 workouts, 4 easy, 2 shakeouts)
Cumulative Seasonal Mileage: 433M