10.06.2013

Week 1 of Fall Training!!!! WOOHOO!! [34M]

Jake is officially staring me up on a workout and long run schedule! I will still only run five days per week, I will still have low mileage, and I will still only have two quality days per week; BUT, I am on a program now!!!

I have a training plan laid out to get me through the end of November with several races scattered throughout there to give my quality days a boost! Last week's 5k was a great pre-training reminder of how important these quality days are! You can't run fast off of a low mileage base phase! :)

So, without further ado, here we go!! Time to get fit and fast!!!

Sunday, October 6th
6M with Carolyn at the lake. We both felt great and the weather was nice, so it was a perfect run! 7:50, 7:29, 7:27, 7:18, 7:18, 7:18. We actually tried slowing it down each mile because after yesterday's race we knew we didn't need to run hard today, but it wasn't hard and we couldn't slow down, hah! Must've been the weather!

Monday, October 7th
No running day #1!

Tuesday, October 8th
6M with 6x150m strides. I was extremely, extremely dehydrated today and I ran at noon so the sun was killer! Talk about oppressive! I did get it all in though, and averaged 7:54 pace which is all I need to be running on easy days according to McMillan! ;)  I had quite a bit of quad and hip pain though, so I'm hoping it feels better before tomorrow's workout!

Wednesday, October 9th
8M with 4M of 3'/2'/1' @tempo, 1' recovery between each.
What a nice morning for a workout! A tad bit chilly, but just enough to keep your hands cold and the air crisp, and a tad bit windy, but just enough to give you a good breeze when running into it and a good push when running with it! 2M warm up, a quick 30 second stretch, and then off I went. I planned to do the hard segments at 6:45 pace because Saturday's tempo run is supposed to be around that pace, but looking back I should I have set my goal pace a bit quicker. I jogged the second half of most surges because I was so far below goal pace and didn't want to "crash" before the end. Now I'm quite sure I could have handled it! Paces for the 3', 2', 1' surges were as follows 6:42, 6:40, 6:41, 6:41, 6:37, 6:30, 6:37, 6:28, 6:15, 6:20. Average pace for the four miles was 7:03. Last two cool down miles were good. My greatest nuisance today was my left hip flexor. I think it's just an extension of the quad problems I've been having, but I have ART tonight!

Thursday, October 10th
4M with 6x100m strides.

Friday, October 11th
No running day #2!

Saturday, October 12th
10M with 4M at 6:30-6:45 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment