7.18.2010

Onto the next week!!

Moving along! Keeping things simple, but still progressing some. I can't wait to start running longer than 30 minutes!! Haha!
Here's the all the good stuff for this week:

Monday, July 19th

[morning heart rate: 52].
*H Core Routine: 2 sets of 30" x supine plank, v-sits w/ running arms, side plank, swimmers, side plank, v-sits w/ flutter kicks, breaststroke swimmers, sit-ups w/ elbow to opposite knee, indian style crunches, and v-sits w/ over/under scissor kicks (1' between sets).
*70' aquajog w/ 3 sets of 9 x 1:30 hard, 30" recovery (2' between sets).
*sleepytime.
*feet exercises- fan out, toe grip, toe walk, heel walk.

Tuesday, July 20th
[morning heart rate: 50].
*pilates breath enhancers- the hundred, the swan (10), standing chest expansion (4), the roll-up (5), the saw (4).
*3 mile run by myself.

details:
Where- Boy Scout Camp.
Average Pace/ Total Time- 7:51/ 23:35.
Average Heart Rate/ % of Heart Rate Reserve- 168/ 77%.
Comments- Felt completely AMAZING! My legs felt so strong and loose and fresh! I felt like I could run so much faster but when I checked my HR it was already too elevated. :( But it made me excited for future runs!
*2 x 45" pedestal routine w/ 5 leg lifts.
*60' aquajog w/ 2 sets of 8 x 2:30 hard, 30" recovery (2' between sets).

*Strength Workout #1 (2 part strength workout-- Part 1 on one day and Part 2 two days later): 3 x [12 dumbbell squat (5 lbs), 12 push-ups] (1' rest between sets); 3 x [12 bulgarian split squat, 12 dumbbell clean and press (5 lbs)] (1' rest between sets).

Wednesday, July 21st
[morning heart rate: 52].
*2 mile run by myself.
details:
Where- Grand Prairie neighborhood streets
Average Pace/ Total Time- 7:40/ 15:30 (I know.. doesn't add up?!)
Average Heart Rate/ % of my HR Reserve- 163/ 73%
Comments- Felt good and strong again, but looked down early on and saw my HR was high again. I slowed down to a very comfortable pace and held it there until about half a mile to go and then I finished out the run with a solid pace. Felt good to run steady and not worry about my HR! :)
*H Core Routine: 2 sets of 30" x supine plank, v-sits w/ running arms, side plank, swimmers, side plank, v-sits w/ flutter kicks, breaststroke swimmers, sit-ups w/ elbow to opposite knee, indian style crunches, and v-sits w/ over/under scissor kicks (1' between sets).
*80' bike/elliptical.
*sleepytime & foam rolling (pm).
*feet exercises (pm).


Thursday, July 22nd
[morning heart rate: 54].
*pilates breath enhancers.
*3 mile run by myself.

details:
Where- Gravel Path at DBU
Average Pace/ Total Time- 8:21/ 25:05
Average Heart Rate/ % of my HR Reserve-161/ 70%
Comments- Forced myself to REALLY relax today. For the whole run. Not just the first half, but the whole run to just take it easy. I had yet to do that since I started back, I planned a lot of strength work this week, and I wanted to give my body one last good break before things started rolling next week. Success. Ran so comfortably I could be breathe just through my nose for the whole run! :)
*2 x 45" pedestal routine w/ 5 leg lifts.
*60' aquajog w/ 1',2',3',4',5',10',5',4',3',2',1' (1' recovery).

*Strength Workout #2: 3 x [12 dynamic lunge, 12 opposite arm/leg lifts], 3 x [12 step up, 12 prone jackknife] (1' rest between each set).

Friday, July 23rd
[morning heart rate: 52].
*Strength/Cardio Workout- 4' bike, 2 x 10 diagonal extension, 3' bike, 2 x 10 bridge fly, 3' bike, 2 x 10 suspended bridge, 3' bike, 2 x 10 balance lift, 3' bike, 2 x 10 superwoman, 3' bike, 2 x 10 roll and curl, 3' bike, 2 x 10 hip twist, 4' elliptical.

Saturday, July 24th
[morning heart rate: 50].
*4 mile run by myself.
details:
Where- Gravel path at DBU.
Average Pace/ Total Time- 7:37/ 30:31.
Average Heart Rate/ % of my HR Reserve- 166/ 76%
Comments- Thankful for another run and definitely thankful to finally get to run more than 30 minutes, haha! To be honest though... didn't feel the greatest today. My head has really been bothering me this week (Jake says it's where my sinuses are?) so I need to be better about taking medicine and letting that heal up. Other than that, felt comfortable and was a nice run.
*2 x 45" pedestal routine w/ 5 leg lifts.
*H Core Routine: 2 sets of 30" x supine plank, v-sits w/ running arms, side plank, swimmers, side plank, v-sits w/ flutter kicks, breaststroke swimmers, sit-ups w/ elbow to opposite knee, indian style crunches, and v-sits w/ over/under scissor kicks (1' between sets).
*70' aquajog.
*feet exercises (pm).



Sunday, July 25th
[morning heart rate: 50].
REST DAY!!!

Total Miles for the Week: 12 miles.
Total Runs for the Week: 4 runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment