7.05.2010

I can't believe I'm actually "training"!!!!

Last week was a success, I think... which makes me excited for the rest of this summer! God has really been gracious by blessing me with all of these runs! Every morning I can"t help but thank Him for another day to be out on my feet!
I'm learning more about training with patience and I believe this mindset is going to be a huge blessing for me in November. I'm getting more accustomed to using the heart rate monitor as a guide and hoping it will help me improve quickly and healthily. As far as this week goes, we are upping the mileage (though only a small bit) as well as the cross training.

Monday, July 5th
[morning heart rate: 50]
*2 mile run by myself.
details:
Where- Jackson Middle School track. (I wanted to avoid the concrete, but with all of the rain that we have been getting, I wasn't sure what my other options were).
Average Pace/ Total Time- 7:39/ 15:20.
Average Heart Rate/ % of my Heart Rate Reserve- 161/ 73%.
Comments- This was a great run. I was anxious because my foot was sore when I began, but the pain never increased so I am feeling confident that this is all part of the process! The run felt very relaxed and comfortable... I enjoyed running so early as it has always been fun for me to run under the track lights! :)
*3 x 4' intervals of "push" supersets. This included push-ups w/ feet elevated followed by shove-offs, military press followed by thumbs up, and close grip push-ups followed by seated dips.
*60' aquajog w/ 1:30 surges every 5 minutes. GREAT workout! The hardest I've ever had to breathe in the pool!
*sleepytime (pm).

Tuesday, July 6th
[morning heart rate: 52]
*3 mile run by myself.
details:
Where- Boy Scout Camp.... PERFECT place to run. Hilly, but good footing, pretty, and plenty of options on trails.
Average Pace/ Total Time- 8:18/ 24:57
Average Heart Rate/ % of Heart Rate Reserve- 162/ 73%
Comments- Felt really controlled and comfortable. I am REALLY working on keeping my heart rate lower and I found that the hills at the camp make it spike very quickly. Looking at the data that showed up when I plugged in my watch, it was a perfect progression from warming up into the run and finishing out the last mile and a half at a solid, but very contained pace! Happy with today!
*2 x 40" pedestal routine.
*60' aquajog w/ 2 sets of 6 x 2:30 surges, 30" rest (2' rest between sets and after 2nd set), followed by 10 x 20" surges, 40" rest. 5' warm up, 5' cool down. Trying to get in more intensity during my cross training. It's working. Yesterday and today have been KILLER!!
*yoga stretches (pm).

Wednesday, July 7th
[morning heart rate: 52]
*2 mile run by myself.
details:
Where- First 1/2 a mile was on sidewalks in Grand Prairie. I spent the rest of the run on a large grass field connected to South Grand Prairie HS's track.
Average Pace/ Total Time- 7:55/ 15:54.
Average Heart Rate/ % of my Heart Rate Reserve- ????? Accidentally left the HR monitor at home!! I thought it was already in the car but I was wrong! Tried to keep the effort level consistent with where it has been, though.
Comments- Not a bad run. Didn't feel well health wise (sore throat and headache?) so that made the run a little bit more sluggish feeling. Arms are still sore from Monday and these pool workouts! Still just getting in the miles and getting used to the motions..
*2 x 4' intervals of "leg" supersets. This includes alternating back lunges w/ 6" pause at bottom followed by toyotas, alternating front lunges w/ 6" pause at bottom followed by side lunges, and alternating 1-legged RDL's followed by squats w/ 3" pause at bottom.
*80' steady aquajog.
*2 x 40" pedestal routine w/ 5 leg lifts.
*sleepytime (pm).

Thursday, July 8th
[morning heart rate: 52]
*3 x 4' intervals of "core" supersets. This includes v-ups followed by russian twists, supermans followed by swimmers, and hanging leg lifts w/ knees bent followed by double leg lifts.
*60' elliptical w/ 2 x 2', 3', 4', 3', 2' surges on a 5 minute cycle.
*yoga stretches (pm).

Friday, July 9th
[morning heart rate: 52]
*3.1 mile run by myself.
details:
Where- Streets lining Mountain Creek Park. (I intended to run on the grass there, but somehow I managed to forget that it's been pouring rain for the past 2 days. Haha!)
Average Pace/ Total Time- 7:37/ 23:19
Average Heart Rate/ % of my Heart Rate Reserve- 164/ 78%
Comments- Felt nice today. Finally starting to recover from this "cold" that I've been battling the past 3 days. I was a little frustrated with having to run on concrete but it ended up feeling good and the time passed quickly! Looking forward to longer runs in the future! :)
*2 x 40" pedestal routine w/ 5 leg lifts.
*60' aquajog w/ 6 x 5' steady segments, 2' recovery and 6 x 20" sprints, 40" recovery.
*sleepytime (pm).

Saturday, July 10th
[morning heart rate: 52]
*3 mile run by myself.
details:
Where- White Rock Lake... in the rain!!!!
Average Pace/ Total Time- 7:48/ 23:28
Average Heart Rate/ % of my Heart Rate Reserve- 162/ 73%
Comments- Difficult to comment on this one. Before I even began running, I felt more pain than usual in my foot... and in a slightly different spot. It did deaden about halfway through the run, but I won't lie... It's scared me. It has been painful all day and is tender to touch and stand on. :/ The frustrating part? The run felt PERFECT aside from my foot. Everything about it.
*Upper body strength and some yoga/ dynamic stretches.
*60' aquajog w/ 1',2',3',4',5',5',4',3',2',1' surges (1/2 rest) and 10' steady.


Sunday, July 11th
[morning heart rate: 52]
REST DAY!!!

Total Mileage for the Week: 13 miles.
Total Number of Runs: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment