7.03.2011

USATF Club National Championships = Here.

I may not be ready, but I have paid my entry fee, bought plane tickets, and reserved a hotel room.
AKA... Time to race.
I've got nothing to lose, so I'm going to pretend like I am the most fit I've ever been and I'm going to lay it all on the line this Friday.

Sunday, July 3rd
45' natural run on more amazing dirt trails in Seabrook, Texas. Absolutely incredible location for training. Once again, a slow, weary shuffle on the way out, but a nice, steady run coming back.

Monday, July 4th
Massage and rest all morning! Definitely a nice change for a day! :)
20' shakeout in the afternoon + light core work.

Tuesday, July 5th
2M warm up + drills + 800m of striding straights and jogging curves.
2x400, 2M tempo, 2x400. (30" between 400s, 60" between 400s and 2M). Ended up running 87, 86, 12:36, 84, 85. The times are the paces I was planning to aim for, but I came away discouraged still. I am just worried about how difficult I'm finding these paces. Even tempo pace feels like I'm really pushing things.
800m cool down.


Wednesday, July 6th
4M natural run + 4x100m relaxed strides.


Thursday, July 7th
30' natural run + drills


Friday, July 8th
25' wu + 10k USATF Club Championship Race. 37:50 for 5th place. Terrible race, but that's all I could ask for with the training I have gotten in. 18:50 through the 5k, which makes the second 5k a 19 flat. Rough day! Hopefully I will be able to go into the meet much more prepared next year, so I'll call it a good learning opportunity and leave it at that!


Saturday, July 9th
NOTHING! Officially on break until Monday, July 18th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment