- Surface: Gravel/dirt path at Crosspoint Church
- Total Time: 38:06 (7:37 AP)
- Pace Progression: 8:21, 8:07, 7:36, 7:10, 6:50
- Comments: 3rd night in a row of less than 5 hours of sleep... I'm trying a sleep-aid tonight to see if it will help. Definitely having a difficult time finding somewhere to run here.
Supplemental Work: 25xAround the World Core, Back Routine in PM
- Surface: Paved path for 1st mile, George Bush Park Dam Trail for last 4
- Total Time: 35:42 (7:09 AP)
- Pace Progression: 7:33, 7:20, 7:01, 6:54, 6:54
- Comments: Great place to run once the sun is up, just not a good idea at 5AM. Perfect morning for a run though... felt much more awake and fresh.
Supplemental Work: Form Drills, 2x30" H-Core + Myrtyl Routine in PM
- Surface: Apartment Complex Treadmill
- Total Time: 58:15 (7:16 AP)
- Pace Progression: Averaged 8.2 for first 4 miles, 8.5 for next 3, 9.0 for last mile
- Comments: Never ever try to do a long run on a treadmill without headphones or a friend! Other than boredom, not a bad run at all. Right arch and was achy but nothing bad.
- Surface: Loose dirt path at Memorial Park
- Total Time: 40:00
- Pace Progression: Unknown
- Comments: No Garmin reception at the park, hence the adjustment from 5M to 40'. Enjoyed running on soft surfaces, though. Feeling slightly sore this afternoon so maybe I got in more quality than usual on the strides?!
Supplemental Work: Form Drills, 2x30" H-Core Routine + Myrytl Routine in PM
Workout: 3M easy + 8x1'fast, 2'easy
- Surface: Memorial Park dirt loop
- Comments: Great workout. I felt very strong, powerful, and controlled on the surges; and haven't felt beat up or sore in the least during the day. Excited for future workouts!
- Surface: Dirt path in George Bush Park
- Total Time: 37:01 (7:24 AP)
- Pace Progression: 8:02, 7:31, 7:26, 7:05, 6:57
- Comments: Aside from some stomach issues (had to make a pit stop in the bushes about 4M into the run!) this was a very nice run. I'm so excited about how strong I'm feeling on these runs. I'm finally to the point where I look up (not down) and run upright and tall instead of with weak form.
Supplemental Work: 25 x Around the World Core, Strength Session in PM
Week 2 Total Mileage- 35M (1 long, 1 workout, 4 easy)