8.05.2012

13 weeks to race day! (40M)

Last week may have been full of some pretty rotten feeling runs, but all of the miles got in and all of the workouts got in. I'm calling it a success and I'm excited to be starting a new week! :) It's not going to be a true down week, but mileage will be slightly lower due to a pre-race run on Saturday instead of my usual workout.

Sunday, August 5th
7M in 50:45 (7:15 AP) with Jake at White Rock Lake + 10M bike with Jake
Weights in the PM
COMMENTS: We started with the Luke's group so about 3 of our first 3.5 miles were sub 7:00 pace, but that averaged out with the first half mile and the last 3.5 miles turned into a very solid run. I actually felt a little better today than yesterday, but still got pretty tired (probably due to the steady segment that got thrown in so early on!). All in all, a good run!

Monday, August 6th
50' easy run + 8 x 30", 30" strides at the Boy Scout Camp + 5' core
COMMENTS: Enjoyed the company and conversation with my husband this morning. Definitely still feeling a bit lethargic, but I'm also beginning to feel more like a runner. For the most part of this build up I've felt very recreational and out of shape, so I'm encouraged by this new mentality. Slight pain in the top of my right foot again today.

Tuesday, August 7th
30' easy run + 20' fartlek of 10 x 1',1' (6:23 AP) + 5' core
COMMENTS: The first 30' felt surprisingly hard (as in 8:40 pace felt fast!), but we still were able to get the pace down when it was time for the fartlek to start. Jake had asked us to alternate between 5:50-6:00 pace and 6:50-7:00 pace, but on the hills at DBU that was almost impossible. Actual paces were ?, ?, 6:06, 7:09, 5:57, 7:19, 5:55, 7:01, 5:44, 6:35, 5:39, 7:03, 5:43, 7:04, 5:31, 7:33, 5:44, 7:35, 5:47, 6:31 to get in 3.13 miles in 20:00 (6:23 AP). Not a totally failed workout, but we'll want to do several things differently next time.

Wednesday, August 8th
rest day

Thursday, August 9th
10M run in 73:04 (7:18 AP) around the neighborhood + 5' core
Weights in the PM
COMMENTS: Jake joined me this week for the run, which was really nice! I enjoyed the conversation a lot! We started nice and comfortable and finished at a steady effort. My breathing was a tad more labored during the last half; but other than that, the effort didn't pick up much, we simply warmed up as the run went on. Mile paces were 8:39, 7:56, 7:42, 7:42, 7:17, 6:56, 6:47, 6:47, 6:40, 6:43.
**Brutal back and neck massage at night!

Friday, August 10th
40' easy run in the boy scout camp
COMMENTS: Ran with Jake this morning for a nice comfortable run on the trails. Rolled my ankle a few times on the rocks, but no lasting pain from any of them! :) I'm definitely LOVING my new Mizuno Wave Precision!!

Saturday, August 11th
32' easy run + strides through the neighborhood
COMMENTS: Nice conversational run with Jake this morning in my new New Balance 890's. Very different but I like them! I was pretty heavy this morning and still have terrible shoulder/neck/head pain on the right side, but I definitely feel like tomorrow could be a great race!

Total Weekly Mileage: 40M

No comments:

Post a Comment