3.31.2013

Another day another dollar!

I made it through seven days straight of working out last week! Woot woot! Now I just need to maintain that habit long enough for my leg to heal so I can make the transition to real workouts! I cannot wait for the day that I get to do some intervals or steady states. And THEN, before too long, I'll be able to run!!!

Sunday, March 31st
10' core and 20' bike
*I was extremely tired from the time I woke up today... even after getting plenty of rest! I decided to make this a "rest" day while still sticking to my workout-every-day rule. I'll be back at the full strength routine tomorrow. :)

Monday, April 1st
30' core and balance, 30' strength, 15' bike
1M walk during lunch
*I ran out of steam (and time) this morning, so I only biked for 15 minutes instead of 30. Other than that, though, it was a good workout. I could easily fill 90 minutes with just core, balance, and strength work every day, but I do want to start getting in some more biking - even if it can't be hard. I walked in our neighborhood during lunch to get some sun and fresh air. My left hip and knee were bothering me (similar to how they did last fall), but hopefully all this strength and balance work will knock that out before I start running again! 

Tuesday, April 2nd
35' bike

Wednesday, April 3rd
30' core and balance, 30' leg strength, 20' bike
*Sore femur today so I won't be doing the 1M walk.    

Thursday, April 4th
30' upper body strength
*I planned on biking today (and still might), but I woke up at 4:40 this morning and was BEAT by the time my lunch break came around. I went through all the upper body strength exercises I typically do, completing 2 sets of 15 reps as quickly as I could, and then off I went. I have class until late tonight, but I'll catch up on sleep tomorrow and have a solid session on Saturday. ;) I wish I could remember how I managed full-fledged cross country/ track training in college off so little sleep!

Friday, April 5th
50 jumping jacks, 15 pushups, 20 squats, 15 dips, 10 step ups, 10x60" abs (morning)
1M walk (lunch)
*No trip to the gym today. Friday is my sleep late morning (I get home from class close to 11 on Thursday nights), and then I fell asleep immediately after work today. Oops! Guess you give your body what it needs when it needs it. :)

 
Saturday, April 6th
10x30" abs, 10x30" legs, 10x30" butt (morning)
1.5M walk on the grass track, jogging 100m each lap + upper body strength + 15' bike (night)
*I went to DBU to do my walk tonight and was shocked by how bored I was. I usually don't have any problems at all when I walk through the neighborhood. At any rate, the boredom caused me to jog 100m every lap which felt like HEAVEN!!! Now we just have to pray I can still be active tomorrow! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment