5.12.2013

Finally healing up and ready to workout again!

Last night is the first night I used fewer than three pillows and did not wake up throughout the night from pain! Woohoo! SO, being the impatient runner I am, I decided to try running again today. :) It seemed to go okay, so I'm planning to try my normal routine this week. I still have some soreness, so I will just go easy for the first few days.

Sunday, May 12th
30' walk-jog (2' walk, 1' jog)
Various mobility drills (I needed to time them for Jake's team so I went through Myrtl, Cannonball, Sleepytime, Balance Drills, Hurdle Drills, and Vern Gambetta's Leg Circuit)

Monday, May 13th
10' Core H (10 x 60" runner specific core exercises)
12' resistance bike, 1M walk (I planned to bike 30' but it was hurting my knee so I hopped off and walked instead... Not as good, but at least not pushing any joints' buttons yet)

Tuesday, May 14th
10' core work
45' walk-jog (2' walk, 1' jog, just like Sunday. This time I used our 1M loop and finished just over four of them! Felt amazing to be out in the warm sun! On a side note, I did feel thigh pain today so I'll need to pay more attention to when it starts and how it hurts next time. Today I just wanted to run and be free in doing it so I tried to push it aside. :) )
1 set of Vern Gambetta's Leg Circuit and Jay Johnson's Sleepytime Circuit post run (I will be helping lead strength and core training for the team this fall, so I'm trying to test the drills and circuits I'll be giving them. Both of these will be used and I think they'll be very effective.) 

Wednesday, May 15th
15' cardio video workout, 20' resistance bike (quick "sweat" session during lunch)
10' HIIT stationary bike, 2x20 weight machines (Feeling really run down this afternoon due to an overly stressful day at work. Decided to make it a speedy workout so I could get home and relax and take care of myself!)

Thursday, May 16th
45' walk-jog (2' walk, 1' jog. I used our 1M loop again and finished four of them with 3 minutes leftover so I just did a quick out and back to fill in the time. I am very confident now that the pain in my left thigh is muscle because it is more sore than an ache and it hurts so close to the skin. It used to ache deep down. I'm thinking next week I'll either go for 60 minutes or change to 1', 1' for 40. Exciting!)
2 sets of Vern Gambetta's Leg Circuit and Jay Johnson's Cannonball Circuit post run

Friday, May 17th
30 minutes of balance, body-weight strength, and core
3 sets of 10' bike, with quick dumbbell strength circuit in between each set

Saturday, May 18th
4M walk-jog (400m jog, 200m walk with some extra walking to get to four miles. I was at the track this morning because I had to drive one of Jake's athletes out there for her workout, so I thought I'd make use of the softer surface! I timed the intervals (not because I needed to, but just because I was curious) and ended up with an 800m walk before intervals, then 1:50, 2:03, 1:41, 2:10, 1:39, 2:07, 1:37, 4:05 (400m), 1:34, 2:07, 1:34, 2:04, 1:34, 2:05, 1:48 and an 800m walk after the intervals. I didn't feel femur pain but was DEFINITELY tired from my first step walking. Had a hard time waking up the past few days and I am hoping that's just part of the antibiotics I'm on! No fun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment