7.14.2013

Moving forward! [22M]

Sunday, July 14th
4M on grass. Last run in Dallas for the week! Got in 4.25 miles (0.85M loop) at Mountain View Community College just before the rain started. I followed it up with a few quick core/ general strength exercises. I'm very pleased with today's run for a couple of reasons. 1. I ran around 8:35 pace. A few weeks ago I would have panicked about that, but I'm now to the point that I realize I'm coming back from nothing and I need to let my body judge effort levels. 8:35 pace today felt like a nice comfortable daily run... The way an easy run should feel. 2. I stayed on grass. My shins have been bothering me, but for convenience's sake I've been running in the neighborhood a lot. I need start making more of an effort to get on soft surfaces. 3. I followed my run with stretching and a very short body strength session. I want to get back in this habit as it's something I've neglected since I started doing so much strength x-training on my non-running days.

Monday, July 15th
4M + 4 strides. It feels good to be back in Houston and on the loop! LOVE this place! I think it gave me a little extra pep in my step! ;) 15: 22 at the 2M turn around, 30:40 to finish out the run. Felt good and controlled the whole time. Shortened my strides to 15" since Jake wants them to be faster, so I felt like I should do more than four, but I didn't. :) Patience! Followed everything up with some lunges and a few core exercises. Also, Diana saw me and came over to talk while I was doing core - Love how friendly everyone is!

Tuesday, July 16th
Rest

Wednesday, July 17th
5M on the loop at Memorial Park. I found the 00 and every quarter mile after that was marked, so I just turned around at 2.5! The time was 20:20 when I turned around and I finished at 39:30, so I averaged 7:40 pace for the run back. Nothing fancy or fast, but I was very happy to run five miles without stopping! I was pleased because I have not been "tired" on runs this week like I was the past several weeks. Unfortunately I'm feeling more pains, though. My knee and thigh on my left leg and my hamstring on my right leg were most noticeable today.

Thursday, July 18th
30' cycle class, 30' weight machines.

Friday, July 19th
4M + 4 strides. Still enjoying Memorial Park very much! 8:30, 7:50, 7;42, 7:13. Strides went really well also! Set the beep on my watch for 17" instead of 15" like last time because the 15" felt too short. Well, I must've run harder this time, because I was beat when I finished! Good day though! I enjoy the mystery of not knowing who I'll run into or who will run up behind me. Plus there is always someone to chase or be chased by! :)

Saturday, July 20th
5M with a 1' surge at the 1/2M marker of each mile. I almost skipped this run (or at least pushed it off) because I felt so sick this morning - sore throat, feverish, weak, etc. Finally decided to run and even though it felt exhausting and wasn't ever really smooth or comfortable, I'm glad I got it in before traveling back to Dallas. Each mile at the half mile mark I started a 1' surge (0.5M, 1.5M, 2.5M, etc). Splits were 8:07, 7:38, 7:32, 7:32, 7:10. I had to take about 30-45" pit stop in the last mile to stretch and massage my quad. I actually didn't think I'd be able to finish the run it curled up so bad in the middle of the thigh! Getting a LONG massage tomorrow. Also, my right ankle is really sore today.

No comments:

Post a Comment