6.27.2010

Life. It's just full of surprises!

Like gorgeous roses, some dark chocolate, and a relaxing night out with my amazing husband!
And my new $100 coffeemaker that cost me me $15!
And the fact that I finally got my Garmin heart rate monitor to work (when it stays up...)!
And let's not forget that I now have 10 servings of homemade shrimp/sweet potato/corn soup in my freezer!

Ohhhh... AND that I have now completed 8 runs and am feeling great!!!!!

:)

In saying all of that, I have a lot to thank God for right now. This week is going to be my way of praising Him for the blessings He's been pouring out. My mental focus this week? Everything I do, I do to show my appreciation for His provision (ie. With everything I have, as wisely and cheerfully as I can). I'm going to mess up a lot, of course, but I'm going to try to live in an honorable manner this week out of respect and gratitude for His goodness.

On tap for my training:

Monday, June 28th
[morning heart rate: back up to 56]
*2 mile run by myself.
details:
Where- Mountain Creek Lake Park. WAY more hilly than I remember it!! The elevation chart that came off my Garmin agrees! :)
Average Pace/ Total Time- 8:01/ 16:03
Average Heart Rate/ % of my Heart Rate Reserve- 168/ 78%
Comments- This was the first run I've had that I felt tired (not in a sleepy sense!) going into it. Jake and I have been walking a lot of hilly trails and my hip flexors were so sore this morning that it hurt to pick up my knees to tie my shoelaces! Got the run in nonetheless and enjoyed going farther than 1.5 miles! :) I'm trying to really take advantage of this heart rate monitor. Apparently sticking between 70% and 80% is optimal for aerobic base building.
*3 x 12 intervals of "push" strength work of push-ups, military press (hands elevated), close grip push-ups (hands elevated), seated dips.
*45' aquajog.
*gentle yoga stretches (pm).

Tuesday, June 29th

[morning heart rate: still up at 56]
*3 x 12 intervals of "leg" strength work with Bulgarian Split Squats, Side Lunges, Squats with 2" pause at bottom, and 1-Legged RDLs on a pillow.
*19 minute run by myself.
details:
Where- Grand Prairie neighborhood sidewalks
Average Pace/ Total Time- Unknown (satellite on my Garmin never picked up)/ 19:00
Average Heart Rate/ % of my Heart Rate Reserve- 159/ 73%
Comments- Felt really good to my body (the fact that it was POURING rain for the entire run probably helped that ;) haha!), but my foot definitely hurt today. In fact, it's still aching at 10:20AM as I type this. :/ I've put on some anti-inflammatory gel and plan to ice during lunch as well. Good thing tomorrow is my day off.. I've run almost as many miles in the last 3 days as I have in the past 2 weeks, so it's probably just ready for a rest!
*2 x 40" pedestal routine.
*Myrtl Routine.

*yoga stretches, self massage, & foam rolling (pm).

Wednesday, June 30th
[morning heart rate: 56]
*70' aquajog/ swim. Intense today... hardest workout I've ever gotten in at the pool. Threw in several "surges" and form variations to keep things interesting.
*2 x 40" pedestal routine w/ 5 leg raises.
*sleepytime (pm).

Thursday, July 1st
[morning heart rate: 52]
*2 mile run by myself.
details:
Where-DBU dirt/gravel trail. I intended to run on the grass track but it was more of a swamp land today due to the recent rains!
Average Pace/ Total Time- 8:20/ 16:41
Average Heart Rate/ % of my Heart Rate Reserve- 169/ 78%
Comments- I think this was my slowest run yet, but maybe that's what I need right now? Still just trying to base everything off the HR. My foot has been aching the past few days, so I'm doing the best I can to keep things low-key right now.
*3 x 12 intervals of "pull" strength work with Let Me Ins, Let Me Ups w/ knees bent, Let Me Ins with palms up, and Towel Curls.
*50' swim w/ 1', 2', 3', 2' surges at 10' intervals.
*yoga stretches & foam rolling (pm).

Friday, July 2nd
[morning heart rate: 50]
*2.4 mile run by myself.
details:
Where- I went to a random Country Club that's about half a mile from the pool I use and just ran around their golf course!
Average Pace/ Total Time- 8:08/ 19:40
Average Heart Rate/ % of my Heart Rate Reserve- 165/ 75%
Comments- Felt nice. Again, just focusing on keeping it relaxed. Ran the entire first mile with my HR below 155 to really ease into the run. Then gradually started picking it up. It was only supposed to be 2 miles, but I hit 2 miles a good ways away from where I parked so I just finished out the run (dumb winding golf course paths! haha!). So thankful to be able to get in another run though!!!
*2 x 40" pedestal routine.
*45' aquajog.

*sleepytime & a few yoga stretches (pm).

Saturday, July 3rd
[morning heart rate: 48]
*3 mile run by myself.
details:
Where- White Rock Lake!
Average Pace/ Total Time- 8:11/ 24:34
Average Heart Rate/ % of my Heart Rate Reserve- 168/ 77%
Comments- Felt good!!! I really enjoy running without paying attention to pace... it feels so comfortable keeping things at this heart rate... makes me want to run farther! The only downside is looking at the pace after I run.. :) But that'll come with time, I guess.
*3 x 12 intervals of "core" strength work with double leg lifts, supermans w/ hands under chin, russian twists, and swimmers.
*2 x 40" pedestal routine w/ 5 leg lifts.
*60' aquajog.


Sunday, July 4th
[morning heart rate: 50]
REST DAY!!

Total Miles for the Week: 11.5 miles.
Total Number of Runs: 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment