12.30.2012

Starting back up! (26.8M)

Sunday, December 30th
2 Trinity Park Trails loops + 3 strides in the morning (gravel)
Big 12 + 43' bike in the afternoon (plan was 60 minutes, but it hurt my knee too badly)
*Each loop is about 230m longer than 2 miles. First loop took 16:20, second took 15:38. Total run averaged around 7:26 pace. I'm definitely out of shape though because I have no control over pace right now. I run what I can run, get tired, slow down, pick back up, get tired, slow down, etc. Nothing wrong with that though... Gotta start somewhere! :)

Monday, December 31st
35' aqua jog during lunch
5M progression run after work (pavement) + core routine 1M with Jake (pavement)
*Started getting bad stomach pains and cramping just before it was time to run. Got worse during the run and ended up having to call it a day after the first mile.

Tuesday, January 1st
5M progression run early in the morning (pavement)
*Woke super early to get this in before leaving for Jake's race. Kind of messed up pacing plans by poor math, but I corrected it halfway through. I'm not terribly upset by that though because it was harder than you would think even at the paces I ran. 7:58, 7:42, 7:06, 6:56, 6:39 for a 7:16 average. Stomach pains returned mid morning and actually got to an excruciating point in the afternoon. Low food intake for the day, needless to say.

Wednesday, January 2nd
Still getting over the cramping and stomach pains. Residual aching and still a few cramps, but nothing at all like yesterday. Hoping that tomorrow I'll be good to get in my workout. No core for a couple more days though.

Thursday, January 3rd
2M easy + 4 x 3:00 hard uphill, easy recovery down (pavement)
*Finally feeling good and ready to run. My calves are still sore and got really tight while running, but we'll save that mystery for another day. I enjoyed this workout and made it a little bit farther with each rep. For the first three I got to where I was breathing hard and tired, but nothing crazy. The last one I actually had some lactate build up about halfway through, so I'm considering it a successful moderate workout. Taking things slow and really trying not to rush fitness this time around. 

Friday, January 4th
4M + 3 strides (treadmill)
*Ran on the treadmill today because it's been raining too much for soft surfaces and I don't want any more pavement this week if I can help it. Before the run, I got in a good bit of wake up drills and then spent 5 minutes or so with a foam roller. I started at 10:00 pace and worked down to the last 1.25 miles at 7:24 pace... Ended up finishing the run in 32:00 on the nose (entirely unplanned). The sad thing is how tired I was doing it. Felt like I was out for a hard run, not a nice casual run! I did my strides outside on the sidewalk, in case you were wondering how I did them on the treadmill. :) I planned to also aqua jog 35 minutes today but I had a follow up doctor appointment during my lunch hour and couldn't go.

Saturday, January 5th
3 and half Trinity Park Trails Loops in the morning (gravel)
15' bike + light strength work in the afternoon
*Felt absolutely terrible on this run... My legs felt like I was working at tempo effort from the very start. I couldn't have had a quicker turnover if I had to. Also, about halfway through I started getting a pain on the outside of my right foot, fairly close to the toe. Just something to keep an eye on. Still need to figure out this random leg soreness too. What crazy week back! At least it's in the books now!

Total Weekly Mileage: 26.8M, 90' cross training

No comments:

Post a Comment