8.25.2013

So close to going home! [28M]

Only five more days until I am back at home with my husband! Gosh am I ready!

Last week was my highest mileage week since coming back from the fractures! Five milers for my base runs, a six miler mid week, and a seven miler at the end... And of course my two off days!

This week we're planning to repeat the mileage, but change up the quality a little. My shin has been bothering me quite a bit since I haven't had ART for awhile now, so I'm trusting it's just soft tissue. :/

Sunday, August 25th
5M on the road in Columbus. Super, super hilly, and my shin was bugging the mess out of me, but energy wise I felt good. Very glad I was able to keep normal turnover on the hills! Just ran for 40 minutes since I couldn't measure distance.

Monday, August 26th
30' cross training, 10' core. I split up the 30' into 10 biking, 10 on the elliptical, and 10 rowing. Biking was irritating my hip flexor so I decided to break it up! I really enjoyed doing it this way!

Tuesday, August 27th
6M progressive on the treadmill. 8:21, 7:41, 7:23, 7:09, 6:52, 6:40, for a 7:21 average. It's crazy because the last few miles were quite challenging for me, as in I definitely felt this one throughout the morning in my legs, but these paces were my daily runs in the past!! How weird! Anyways, the run itself was good. Surprisingly, I had no shin pain! My legs felt very fresh and peppy! Just had some terrible hip flexor/quad pain on the left side starting around mid-run. I almost cut the workout short for it!

Wednesday, August 28th
5M + 4 Strides. Nice and easy on the way out, but I hauled on the way back. I had to have finished in the same pace range as yesterday's run, for sure! 39:32 for the full run, but I know the way out was really slow. Good strides as well. My hip flexor is definitely a mess though. Tuesday evening is calling my name already!

Thursday, August 29th
5M + 6 strides. Just stayed relaxed at the Memorial Park Loop for this one! :) 2.5 miles out, 2.5 miles back, nothing fancy. When I finished the run, I got in my strides on their paved track and that was that! Pretty serious IT pain on my right leg, which makes sense with the hip flexor and quad pain I'm getting on the left.

Friday, August 30th
20' cross training cardio followed by a short core and strength session. Then I spent a long time foam rolling. Thank goodness 24hr fitness keeps those on hand!!

Saturday, August 31st
7M total with 3k race in a relay! Very fun morning but way too hot for a race at 8:45 or so! Got in a nice 3 mile warm up and a 2 mile cool down to meet mileage. The relay was supposed to start at 8:00 but was running a bit behind. It was about 8:45 by the time it got to my leg, and the sun was quite proud of itself out there!! I started solo which is not good when you haven't done any pace work! The whole first 800m was between 5:00 pace and 5:30 pace. Needless to say, I crashed and ended up averaging 5:58 pace for the run. Super happy with this as I haven't done anything sub 6:20 pace, and I only did that for 4 minutes, haha. But, at the same time, it's a great reminder of how much work there is left to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment