9.11.2013

It's a down week!!! [22.5M]

The last three weeks my body has survived 28 miles, 28 miles, and 30 miles! I would be embarrassed to say this a year ago, but this year I'm beyond thankful and happy with it! I have learned to take what I get, enjoy it, and make the most of it!

Though the mileage has been low, my joints and soft tissue in my lower body are not very happy with me. :) I am still working with my ART guy, but I was in Houston for two of these last three weeks, so we're playing catch up. As of now, my left shin and quad, and my right knee and hip are all acting up. Probably as a result of one another, haha. Hopefully this down week and the ART sessions will get things under control so I can get back at it full force next week.

Sunday, September 8th
4M run + quick strength session. I'm definitely still sick with whatever crud I caught last Thursday, so this was not one of the most pleasant runs I've had, by any means. But I am still very glad I got it in! I had just under 15 minutes after I finished before Jake was ready to go home, so I just did a quick full body strength circuit. Hoping to get to the doctor tomorrow!

Monday, September 9th (ART day)
Rest day for running! 25' cross training + strength during lunch! Officially on antibiotics for strep. Boooo. :( Wanted to do a deep cleanse this week while I wasn't running much...

Tuesday, September 10th
4M run + 4 strides in the morning. 25' cross training + core/mobility during lunch! Felt a bit better today than on Sunday's run (in terms of aches and pains), but still feeling beat up. Glad this is a down week!

Wednesday, September 11th (ART day)
4M run in the morning. 25' cross training + form/strength work during lunch! I am really enjoying getting in a second workout during lunch. And I'm SO excited to have the energy for it! There was a time where all I wanted to do was crawl back in bed any chance I got! Not anymore! :) Still having some aches, but again, better today than yesterday! That's one of the things I'm working on during my mid-day session!

Thursday, September 12th 
2.5M warm up, 2M tempo in the morning. 25' cross training + core/mobility during lunch! Drank an e+ shot this morning before leaving for practice. Felt like my 5:30 AM warm up was at 10:00 AM and I was FULL of energy! Woohoo!! I ran even pretty much the entire tempo. 6:24 for the first mile, finishing at 12:41, so a slight negative split, but basically, a nice even tempo. I was pleasantly surprised by it too. I couldn't have done a second one faster followed by even faster 600s like Jake's girls did, but for a first timed workout off the treadmill, I'm taking it! Walked away hungry for more! The spark is rekindled! :)

Friday, September 13th
Rest day from running! 25' bike + strength/mobility.

Saturday, September 14th
6M run, last three miles progressively harder. Very good run this morning. I can't believe how GREAT my legs feel. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the reduced mileage for the past week, but it sure felt awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment