5.26.2014

Vacation week! [Week 2: 18M]

I'm posting this a week late, but we were in Michigan Tuesday thru Sunday and I didn't want to pull out my laptop on the trip! :) It was one of the most relaxing, enjoyable trips I've been on in a long time!

Here's a couple quick pictures from the NCAA championships (where we were). The athlete in the pictures is my husband's athlete and she ended up placing as an All American in the 3k Steeplechase! 




Onto last week's training! I found a plan that I can follow for the next 12 weeks. It's from Brad Hudson's plans and it's his level 1 5k plan. Seems weird to follow a level 1 plan, but the mileage progression is so conservative that I think it's the perfect way to work back into things! Since his plan only has 4 runs most weeks, I'm going to try getting ~60 of quality cross training at least three days every week.

Sunday, May 18th
5M easy on the gravel trail at DBU. I was achy and tired, but I still got the full run in. Trusting that the chiropractor will help on Monday!

Monday, May 19th
Crummy 3M on Katy Trail in Dallas. Still very achy and stiff. I don't feel like I could sprint away from a dog if I had to!
Lots of new work done at the chiropractor. Weird stuff, but you never know!

Tuesday, May 20th
60' elliptical + upper body weights and core. Kept my heart rate between 160-165 the entire time. Didn't feel bad during the workout, but felt really queasy the rest of the night!

Wednesday, May 21st
4M moderate on the tack in Michigan. Chiropractor stuff must have been magic! No knee pain at all and very minimal shin pain! 8:18, 7:40, 7:44, 7:27.

Thursday, May 22nd
60' elliptical + lower body strength and core. Kept heart rate between 155 and 160 this time and felt good. Knee/ calf/ achilles started getting tight and sore towards the end, but that's to be expected when you do a new exercise for so long!

Friday, May 23rd
60' elliptical + extra stretching. Very tight calves, but I used a cream on them and they felt better by the evening.

Saturday, May 24th
6M run on Kent Trail in Michigan. I ran nice and easy to the trail (about a mile), moderate on the trails (averaged under 8:00 pace), easy back to the hotel. Bottom of feet hurt and knees/ shins were back similar to how they felt on Sunday. Good thing it's almost time to go back to the chiropractor! The bottom of my feet probably hurt because I only brought one pair of shoes on the trip and they're older than I'd usually wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment