10.20.2014

New shoes and a flotation belt! (14M)

Last Saturday is probably the first run I remember in a while where I had NO pain!!! Seriously one of the most joy-filled runs I can remember! I'm definitely looking forward to this week! I was tempted to pick up my low mileage plan from senior year in college this week, but I think that's unnecessary at this point. The goal is to be ready to train in January, not tomorrow. Sticking to my plan for now!!

Monday, October 20th
50' aqua jog with 9 sets of 10", 20", 30", 40", 50" fartlek on a 1' cycle during lunch. Finally got my flotation belt and this workout went great! Felt the old familiar pins and needles in my legs on the drive home!
25' run on the Katy Trail after work. New shoes = Nike Lunar Glide! Jake ran this one with me, which was nice, but other than that it was an all around miserable run, haha! Stomach issues, fatigued from the pool workout, started too fast, uphill on the second half, etc, etc, etc. We didn't have a garmin, but once we made it to the trail we had quarter mile splits. Jake clocked us at 7:38 thru the first mile (too fast for me) and 7:32 for the last mile... Not sure about the in between part. No major pains, just the usual ankle and shin slight aches!

Tuesday, October 21st
Rest day... upset stomach

Wednesday, October 22nd
25' run + 4 strides. No major pains still!! Ran with Jake's girls on the Trinity Corridor in Dallas. 

Thursday, October 23rd
2M warm up + 5k race. Went out way too hard (can't judge pace yet) and shut down after the first mile. 6:24, 7:02, 7:26, kick = 6:56 average pace. Feet hurt like crazy after the race but that's my fault for wearing new shoes. My whole body knotted up during the last mile to the point where I don't think I could physically have gone faster if I had to. Just completely empty. I know I'm anemic because I was on my labs in June and August and I have not taken any supplements, but I never would have expected to feel like that on a 7:26 mile.

Friday, October 24th
Rest day.

Saturday, October 25th
3M easy run. Ran on the track in Columbus. My calves and hamstrings are so tight... not muscle soreness, but like a dehydrated feeling. Kept the entire run creepy crawly slow. 26:40 for 3 miles. Shins are really sore too.
60' aquajog.

Sunday, October 26th
40' aqua jog.

No comments:

Post a Comment