3.05.2011

Tarleton State-- 1st Outdoor Meet

Sunday, March 6th
75 minutes very comfortable on the dirt trails at River Legacy Park.


Monday, March 7th
6 miles + 6 x hill sprints; 39:30 [7:33, 6:52, 6:46, 6:15, 6:10, 5:52] for the run on Merrifield... thankful for Jake's company today as the wind, my headache, and an achy hip made the run seem much less appealing!
ITB rehab exercises, med ball core, & Jay Johnson's myrtyl routine
*ITB exercises for those interested: http://strengthrunning.com/2011/02/the-itb-rehab-routine-video-demonstration/
*med ball routine for those interested: http://ncrunnerdude.blogspot.com/2009/06/easy-and-effective-core-workout-for.html


Tuesday, March 8th
16 minutes comfortable in Grand Prairie. Spent the rest of the practice stretching, etc due to a headache that's officially 3 days old. Got into the chiropractor after practice..


Wednesday, March 9th
4 miles very relaxed on grass averaging 7:43 pace. Felt absolutely incredible as far as energy/strength go; felt absolutely horrible as far as mechanics/my hip go. Nixed the strides after a failed attempt on the first one. Ready to train full-force and see what God can do...
ITB rehab exercises, 2x60" pedestal routine


Thursday, March 10th
3M warm up + Tarleton State 5k- 18:18. Big time lessons learned at this meet. The goal was to sub 18 minutes and try to win; the plan, to sit on the leaders through the first mile (never leading myself) and then race for the last 2 miles. Well, I now know that mentally this type of racing is not my strong suit. I was so claustrophobic, frustrated with the pace, and anxious during the first mile.. I wanted to take off the whole time. Then, when I got my chance to go, I was no longer ready. I had wasted all my energy and was done. Next time I'm going to worry less about running a tactical race. I have no kick... we've established that. I have to go when I feel good and hold it as long as I can.


Fri - Rest. Letting the hip/calf heal.


Sat - Rest. Still hoping for some hip/ calf relief?!


Mileage for the Week: about 28M... definitely a major down week due to all the health issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment