Easy, Long: 75'
- Surface: Terry Hershey Park (paved with rolling hills)
- Total Time: 75' (calling it 11M)
- Comments: Very sluggish run on the way out, but the way back was a good, solid uptempo pace. Probably hit 10k pace for a good portion of the run. Ran in the rain and storm with Jake - hence the faster run home!
25' shakeout with Jake
Workout: 2M w/u+ 2x400 + 2x15' @ HMP + 2x400 (3' jog recovery b/w everything) + 1.3M c/d
- Surface: Memorial Park (dirt loop for 15', concrete track for 400's)
- Pace Progression: 71, 72, 6:14, 6:08, 73, 73 (6:10 AP for 15's) (4:59 AP for 400's)
- Comments: Good workout, but much harder effort than I wanted to put out this week. Hoping that 6:15 to 6:10 pace feels MUCH better in about a week and a half when I race?
Easy, medium long: 9.5M
- Surface: Memorial Park loop
- Total Time: 1:12:30 (7:37 AP)
- Pace Progression: 8:46, 8:02, 7:47, 7:43, 7:30, 6:04(?????), 7:30, 7:37, 7:35
- Comments: NO CLUE what happened with my Garmin during that sixth mile. I know we ran 9.51 miles because I know the route, so I trust the Garmin that sense. The total time for the run comes out to a 7:37 average, but I KNOW we didn't bust out a 6:04 in the middle. Not sure what happened! Regardless it was a nice morning out and I enjoyed catching up with Amanda during the run. Props to her for winning the 10 for Texas 10 miler this weekend!!
- Surface: Memorial Park Loop
- Total Time: 48:25 (8:04 AP)
- Pace Progression: 8:26, 8:03, 8:14, 8:02, 7:54, 7:44
- Comments: I'm feeling really stiff, achey, and tired but I think it's just from some rough nights of sleep. Hoping to keep things light and easy tomorrow so that Saturday I wake up a bit more fresh and springy.
Supplemental Work: Light strength in AM
- Surface: Tom Bass Park paved trail with rolling hills
- Total Time: 38:42 (7:47 AP)
- Pace Progression: 7:47, 8:00, 7:54, 7:44, 7:36
- Comments: Very short, light day today- hopefully not too short or light? Looking forward to tomorrow's race!
Race: 5k (3M warm up + 2M cool down)
- Surface: paved path at Oyster Creek Park (very windy with a few rolling hills & two 180 turns- literally!)
- Total Time: 17:55 (5:47 AP)
- Pace Progression 6:01, 5:36, 5:42
- Comments: Very difficult course as far as running a fast time goes, but I'm pumped about how easy it was to break 18 anyways. The course was basically a V-shape and on a 3ft wide trail. The turning points were literally "stop, turn, run" and when you turned around you spent the rest of the run against the flow (think 400 people walking/jogging in clumps). After a 6:01 first mile and no nearby females I decided to keep it simple and make it a good tempo effort. Next thing I knew I came through the second mile and ran 5:36 for it- Surprise! When I got to 2.5M and saw my average pace was 5:47 for the run, I was like, "hey, I can break 18 still!" so for the last .5M I switched over from just win it mode to break 18 mode. Yay! Good run, though!
Supplemental Work: Light strength session
Week 13 Total Mileage: 52.5M
Seasonal cumulative mileage: 609M